The Open Gate client can login to District 88's content filter on your behalf, eliminating the need for you to enter your username and password when you open a web browser.
In order to use this application, please ensure that you have the latest version of Java installed on your computer. To get the latest version of Java, please visit: http://Java.com
- Upgrade to the latest version of Java 7/8 (64bit/update 67 or higher) This IS required
- Log off of the keep-alive page (if you are logged in)
- Open a browser and go to http://opengate.dupage88.net
- Click on the "Install/Run Open Gate" Button
5) Open that jnlp file with "Java Web Start" 6) Once the application is installed you may need to double-click on the desktop icon to start Open Gate for the first time 7) Right-click on the tray icon for Open Gate and select "Configure" 8) Enter your Novell username and password and click "Save"
Different versions of Android phones/tablets may have different menu options, so below is an overview of how to setup you device is a generic sense.
- Connect your phone to the internet or connect to the d88-visitor WiFi network, please make sure to authenticate by going to any website where you will then be prompted to enter your Novell username and password.
- Go to your device Settings menu.
- Look for the menu item Accounts or Acounts & Sync.
- Select the option to Add Account.
- On newer devices you may need to select an account type, if so select Email. Older devices may need to select the option for Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync or Corporate.
- When prompted for your email address and password, enter your complete email address (ie: firstname.lastname@example.org). In the password field, enter your Novell password that you use to log on to district computers.
- Select manual setup.
- When prompted for an account type select Microsoft Exchange or Exchange
- Change the server to dupage88.org
- Make sure that Use secure connection (SSL) is enabled.
- Make sure that Accept all SSL certificates is enabled.
- Click Next or Finish
- If prompted by Inbox checking frequency select Automatic (Push)
Different versions of Apple iPhones/iPads may have different menu options, so below is an overview of how to setup you device is a generic sense.
1. Connect your phone to the internet. If you are connected to the d88-visitor WiFi network, please make sure to authenticate by going to any website where you will then be prompted to enter your Novell username and password.
2. On your iPhone, go to Settings, select Mail, Contacts, Calendars, select Add Account, and select exchange or Corporate.
3. Enter the required information:
- For your email, enter your email user name
- Leave Domain blank
- Enter your Novell username
- Enter your Novell password
- Under description, enter your name
4. Hit "Next" and enter the following when prompted:
- Server Address: dupage88.org
5. Hit "Next" and select to sync contacts and calendar items (if you wish for these items to be sync to your device)
- When it prompts you, it is recommended that you choose to leave existing contacts and calendar items on your device.
- We recommend you DO NOT sync contacts!
6. On your iPhone, go to Mail, and navigate to your new account. Syncing should begin -- it may take a few minutes to perform the initial sync and pull down all of your items.
Supplemental Information and Other Phones
For a complete listing of phone support, phone operating systems, limitations, and specific guides to setup email on your phone, see the official GroupWise website: http://wiki.novell.com/index.php/Data_Synchronizer_Mobility_Connector_Devices
Updating your email password for Andriod devices
The proccess varies on each device. We recommend that you remove the email account from your phone and then use the instructions above to re-add it with your new password. To remove the email account from your phone:
- Go to Settings > Personal (section) > Accounts & sync.
- Touch the account to delete.
- Touch Menu icon> Remove account.
Updating your email password for Apple iPhone/iPad
The process varies on each device. We recommend that you remove the email account from your phone and then use the instructions above to re-add it with your new password. To remove the email account from your phone:
- Touch the settings button.
- Scroll down and touch "Mail, Contacts, Calendars".
- Touch the email account you'd like to remove.
- Press the "delete account" button and press "delete account" again to confirm.