The Open Gate client can login to District 88's content filter on your behalf, eliminating the need for you to enter your username and password when you open a web browser.
In order to use this application, please ensure that you have the latest version of Java installed on your computer. To get the latest version of Java, please visit: http://Java.com
- Upgrade to the latest version of Java 7/8 (64bit/update 67 or higher) This IS required
- Log off of the keep-alive page (if you are logged in)
- Open a browser and go to http://opengate.dupage88.net
- Click on the "Install/Run Open Gate" Button
- Open that jnlp file with "Java Web Start"
- Once the application is installed you may need to double-click on the desktop icon to start Open Gate for the first time
- Right-click on the tray icon for Open Gate and select "Configure"
- Enter your Novell username and password and click "Save"