The Open Gate client can log into District 88's content filter on your behalf, eliminating the need for you to enter your username and password when you open a web browser.
This guide is intended staff users with dedicated laptops/tablets.
In order to use this application, please ensure that you have the latest version of Java installed on your computer. To get the latest version of Java, please visit: http://Java.com
- Upgrade to the latest version of Java 7/8 (Check your version here: https://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp)
- Log off of the keep-alive page (if you are already logged in)
- Open a browser and go to http://opengate.dupage88.net
- Click on the Install/Run Open Gate Button
- Open that jnlp file with Java Web Start
- Once the application is installed you may need to double-click on the desktop icon to start Open Gate for the first time
- Right-click on the Open Gate icon in the system tray and select Configure
- Enter your Novell username and password and click Save