The Open Gate client can log into District 88's content filter on your behalf, eliminating the need for you to enter your username and password when you open a web browser.
This guide is intended staff users with dedicated laptops/tablets.
In order to use this application, please ensure that you have the latest version of Java installed on your computer. To get the latest version of Java, please visit: http://Java.com
- Upgrade to the latest version of Java 7/8 (Check your version here: https://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp)
- Log off of the keep-alive page (if you are already logged in)
- Open a browser and go to http://opengate.dupage88.net
- Click on the Install/Run Open Gate Button
- Open that jnlp file with Java Web Start
- You will be prompted during installation and updates to confirm that you would like to run the application, check the box title I accept the risk and want to run this application and click the Run button.
- Once the application is installed you may need to double-click on the desktop icon to start Open Gate for the first time
- Right-click on the Open Gate icon in the system tray and select Configure
- Enter your Novell username and password and click Save
If you are still not able to access the internet after installing this application, review the hints below.
- To check the status of your connection, right-click on the Open Gate icon in the system tray and select Status. If the message states Login Failed confirm your username and password are correct.
- Open Gate waits about 30 seconds after login to load to allow for Cisco NAC to finish loading, so you may not be able to access the Internet immediately after login.