Receiving District Email on your Smart Phone
Did you know that you are able to receive district 88 email on your Android or iPhone/iPad? Just follow the steps below to configure your device to start getting email. If your phone is not listed or you have a newer/older device than what is used in this guide, the specific version of your device may be found using the supplemental information
Different versions of Android phones/tablets may have different menu options, so below is an overview of how to setup you device is a generic sense.
- Connect your phone to the internet. If you are connected to the d88-visitor WiFi network, please make sure to authenticate by going to any website where you will then be prompted to enter your Novell username and password.
- Go to your device Settings menu.
- Look for the menu item Accounts or Acounts & Sync.
- Select the option to Add Account.
- On newer devices you may need to select an account type, if so select Email. Older devices may need to select the option for Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
- When prompted for your email address and password, enter your complete email address (ie: email@example.com). In the password field, enter your Novell password (not your Groupwise password) that you use to access a district desktop.
- Select manual setup.
- When prompted for an account type select Microsoft Exchange or Exchange
- Change the server to m.dupage88.net
- Make sure that Use secure connection (SSL) is enabled.
- Make sure that Accept all SSL certificates is enabled.
- Click Next or Finish
- If prompted by Inbox checking frequency select Automatic (Push)
Different versions of Apple iPhones/iPads may have different menu options, so below is an overview of how to setup you device is a generic sense.
1. Connect your phone to the internet. If you are connected to the d88-visitor WiFi network, please make sure to authenticate by going to any website where you will then be prompted to enter your Novell username and password.
2. On your iPhone, go to Settings, select Mail, Contacts, Calendars, select Add Account, and select exchange.
3. Enter the required information:
- For your email, enter your email user name
- Leave Domain blank
- Enter your Novell username
- Enter your Novell password
- Under description, enter your name
4. Hit "Next" and enter the following when prompted:
- Server Address: m.dupage88.net
5. Hit "Next" and select to sync contacts and calendar items (if you wish for these items to be sync to your device)
- When it prompts you, it is recommended that you choose to leave existing contacts and calendar items on your device.
- We recommend you DO NOT sync contacts!
6. On your iPhone, go to Mail, and navigate to your new account. Syncing should begin -- it may take a few minutes to perform the initial sync and pull down all of your items.
Supplemental Information and Other Phones
For a complete listing of phone support, phone operating systems, limitations, and specific guides to setup email on your phone, see the official GroupWise website: http://wiki.novell.com/index.php/Data_Synchronizer_Mobility_Connector_Devices