Socius - Document Posting Tutorial
Socius: (pronounced so-KEY-us) is the Latin word for sharing. This system was created by DuPage High School District 88 to facilitate the sharing of information between staff and students.
This system currently is divided into two major components, document sharing and the application directory. In this tutorial, we will discuss the steps required to share a document or a folder. To demonstrate the steps required, a video tutorial is below.
- Log into Socius at http://my.dupage88.net using your Novell username and password
- Click on Documents
- If you would like to share a folder, click on the New Directory button (This is recommended, this way any file that is added to the shared folder will automatically be shared)
- Give the folder a name and click on the Add button
- Click on the folder you just created to navigated into that directory
- Click on the New Document button to create a document.
- In this example we will upload a static document that you can not edit online, click on the Static Document
- Next you will be able to upload your file to Socius by either dragging and dropping the file in the gray area that says Drag File Here to Upload or by clicking on the Choose button and selecting the file you wish to upload.
- At this point you can modify the name of you file, then click the Save it! button
- Now we can share the folder by clicking on the List Documents link on the left-hand panel
- Locate the folder you create and click on the share icon associated with that folder
- In the share dialog, we will share the folder with all staff members by selecting All Staff under share type.
- Ensure that share type is set to View Only so that users don't add or remove any files to your directory and click Share